Speakers for Mission Cyrus 3 amp

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Anyone have any advice on good speakers to match with my mission amp. Current speakers are Royd Abbots (floor standers) and I am looking for speakers I can mount on brackets on the wall. Current idea is B&W 601 or 602's (range between £50 - £150 scondhand on Ebay).

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
If youre after B&W's youd better be aiming for the 601's as the 602 S2's and S3's are going for, IMO, good/silly money currently.

Another pair of good standmount speakers could be the Acoustic Energy AE100's or the Neo 1's/Aelite 1's

What about some new Tannoy F1's or M/A BR1's or BR2's?

A

Anonymous

Planingdownwind:Anyone have any advice on good speakers to match with my mission amp. Current speakers are Royd Abbots (floor standers) and I am looking for speakers I can mount on brackets on the wall. Current idea is B&W 601 or 602's (range between £50 - £150 scondhand on Ebay).

Second hand, yes.
B&W must be good for it, or tannoy.
Only thing to say is that you can modify these loudspeakers for optimal performance.
For a 3 way systhem make a large kabinet for the midtones speakers, with lots of dampening.
When they sell the loudspeaker for you it will cost less for them because of material, all a money profit thing.
Rebuild the mid tone kabinet into it.
For a two way, or a tree way loudspeakers systhem rebuild the filter components with better filter components.
Mundorf filters are the best, for sure.
New coils and capicitators are a must for these brands, they make a lot of money out of to sell you a rubbish kabinet and filters, the hardware is good.
Like they sell speakers in a bucket for ananas.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts