Speakers for Laptops

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I am looking for top of the range speakers for my HP laptop.

I have got some in-buit speakers (Altec-Lansing) in my laptop but they are not of best quality and not very loud. I wanted to know, what the best laptop speakers would be within a £150 budget.

Thank you.

A

Anonymous

If you wish to stay in budget then the high end Creative kit is not bad. (not saying it's Hi Fi but a lot will depend on your soundcard so there is no point in going mad with the speakers IMHO.)

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
fatboyslimfast:Could you stretch to £200? If so the Audioengine A5s are a great buy - they just plug into the headphone port...

The Audioengine A5s are truly excellent, though they thrive on proper speaker supports rather than desktops (where they can be a bit boomy).

Their baby brothers - the Audioengine A2 - are a lot happier on desktops, and at £110 are a veritable active speaker bargain.Superb stuff!

A

Anonymous

'Holy Mowly, I can't believe how good that sounded'

Don't worry Clare your job is safe if that's the competition !!

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Generally the small satellite speakers/sub systems leave a lot to be desired when compared to a "normal" size of speaker - the transition between the sub and the satellite is normally very obvious.

Do you not like the look of the AudioEngines?

To answer your question, there is nothing on that site that I would buy over the audioengines...

If looks are your priority, get yourself down to a PC world and take an mp3 player, and listen to a few sets...

John Duncan

Usman:
how about these?

http://www.laptopstuff.co.uk/p/Harman_Kardon_Soundsticks_II.htm

i am not very techy on speakers so what kind of things should i be looking for?

i heard creative and the altec lansing are quite good speakers, but i was after something really good.

Are there any other good speakers on the above website that are worth buying?

Thank you everyone.

Agree with prof, the Audioengines are the best sounding kit out there, though the Harman Kardons would be my next choice, as they're surprisingly good fun.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts