Speakers for Cyrus

shep1968

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
I am about to demo a cyrus 6 series combination and have been recommended to listen to it through system audio 1720 speakers. I've never heard of them, are they any good? Also want to listen to Epos M12.2, dynaudio, Monitor BR5 and RS5, and B&W 685. Any opinions on which of these would be best in a 3 by 5 metre room with the speakers either side of a tv close up to a wall? Price limit is around £600 new.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I agree with Joel, you really need to audition them before making a decision.

From personal experience, the MA speakers are good, but weren't good enough for the system i advised my girlfriends parents to buy (Cyrus 8 Amp and CD player with B&W CM7 speakers).

The speakers are fantastic and go very well with the Cyrus amp/CD combo. Maybe if you're able to stretch your budget a buit more, these could be auctioned too.

What would be handy to know is what music you listen to?

Again, personally, i think for the size of your room and the placement of the speakers, you'd be better off with stand-mount speakers such as the B&W 685's.

shep1968

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
I listen to many genres of music including, acoustic, rock, pop etc. No dance and no electronic but rap and the wife likes classical. This system will also have sound from the TV run through it. Have heard the system with BR5's and sounded really good. Not too heavy on the bass but a real room filling sound. That would be what i am trying to recreate, would that be possible with stand-mounts? Listened with some fairly expensive MA standmounts and it sounded a little thin to my ears. Dali Ikon 6's on the other hand boomed and weren't to my taste at all. Not sure how much the CM7's are but expect it will take it well over £2k which i cant really justify.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts