Speakers for Cyrus CD8x and Cyrus 8vs

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Auditioned the above against a Naim Nait 5i (italic) system at the weekend and decided on the Cyrus especially as they had a deal currently to include the PSXR Power Supply as well all for £1799.

My question is, what other speakers would be a good match apart from Spendor S5e's. I know they will be a good match but wanted to arrange to listen to alternatives to make sure I haven't missed a trick.

Thanks

Shayn

A

Anonymous

Spendor and Dynaudio work superb with Cyrus.

Dyn's need a lot of power, but you'll be ok if you stick the PSX-R on the 8Vs I reckon.

Ive got some Dynaudio 72SE and they were previously hooked up to a very similar set-up as yours (I had CD8, DAC-X and Cyrus 8) and they worked a treat, but the integrated amp didnt fully do them justice. Wasnt until I went the pre/power combo that they really started to sing....

You can get some great deals on the Dynaudio Audience range at the moment as they're being phased out. Still superb speakers and I'd recommend you audition the 72SE's alongside the S5e. Moorgate Acoustics currently have some fab offers on the Dynaudios...

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the info, I'll see if I can have a listen to those as well although the fact they are being phased would concern me slightly in temrs of after sales service issues.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
B&W CM7 speakers would be a very good match

My girlfriend has the Cyrus 8 CDP, Cyrus 8v2 integrated and the Cyrus 8 power amp (or its the x-power one i can never remember) but its sounds fantastic with the CM7 speakers.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="shayn"]
Hi,

Auditioned the above against a Naim Nait 5i (italic) system at the weekend and decided on the Cyrus especially as they had a deal currently to include the PSXR Power Supply as well all for £1799.

My question is, what other speakers would be a good match apart from Spendor S5e's. I know they will be a good match but wanted to arrange to listen to alternatives to make sure I haven't missed a trick.

Thanks

Shayn
[/quote]

Might be worth looking into Rega R3/R5 depending on your room size. I have the R3's paired with the 8vs2 and really love the sound. I have heard the R5's too, very nice speaker and just basically an upscaled version of the 3's. I agree with the Dynaudio suggestion also.

A

Anonymous

Don't worry about the speakers getting phased out. You still have a very long warranty period and you should be able to get yourself a really good bargain. The Dynaudios are a very popular speaker choice with Cyrus owners.

Re PSX-R, its unlikely to add any extra grunt as it powers the pre-amp stage on the 8vs2 (as opposed to providing reserves of reliable power to the power amps).

There are also good bargains to be had on the Spendor s5e (you should be able to get a new pair for £950). The 8vs2 has no problem driving these speakers and they look good (if you are not a fan of the plastic finish on the Dynaudios).

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="shayn"]My question is, what other speakers would be a good match apart from Spendor S5e's. [/quote]

PMC GB1 or and like DM said....Rega should also be very good.

A

Anonymous

Many thanks for all the suggestions, will be listening to some of these at my local Rayleigh HiFi next saturday.

A

Anonymous

Just following on from these recommendations, what does the What Hi-Fi Team suggest to pair with Cyrus?

Would appreciate your comments as well.

A

Anonymous

Perhaps the What Hi-Fi Team are on their hols at the moment. Come on guys surely you can give me a moment of your time to reply?

A

Anonymous

Hi Shayn,

Just looked at you dealer's webpage and to be honest only the Rega and Spendor look appropriate.They do have Monitor Audio so you could try the GS10s depending on your room characteristics.
jules.

A

Anonymous

i have the same cyrus set up went through all the usual speaker makers. everything i listen too just didnt do it for me.then i saw a quick review about pmc speakers. i tried the db1i and the fb1i,s .the db,s were good but the fb1i,s just blew me away so i bought them there and then. our music tastes range from classical all the way to heavy metal these speakers just make u feel like you are actually there.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="mc9367"]
i have the same cyrus set up went through all the usual speaker makers. everything i listen too just didnt do it for me.then i saw a quick review about pmc speakers. i tried the db1i and the fb1i,s .the db,s were good but the fb1i,s just blew me away so i bought them there and then. our music tastes range from classical all the way to heavy metal these speakers just make u feel like you are actually there.

[/quote]
Great choice. I would have had these if I had the room. They give you that classic large box transmission line welly that makes the music very involving. Enjoy!

A

Anonymous

cheers igglebert going through my whole cd collection to see what difference these speakers make to the music!

A

Anonymous

G'day Gusboll, does this mean that you have these similar Cyrus gear? If so, I would actually recommend ProAc Studio 140's; I reckon they will work extremely well with the Cyrus.

I own a Cyrus CD 8 SE, and boy is it an astonishing CD Player. I am from Australia, and own a pair of Australian-made Krix Neuphonix. I have a NAD M25 7-channel power amplifier which my main front loudspeakers are bi-amped from.

Cables-wise, if you go for the ProAc Studio 140's, I would recommend The Chord Company Epic Super Twins for loudspeaker cables, and The Chord Company Anthem 2 analogue interconnects from CD Player to Amplifier.

A

Anonymous

Sorry, Gusboll, just noticed your equipment list. Really nice gear you have got there. Your Chameleon Silver Plus analogue interconnects are superb, so they should stay. For loudspeaker cables, I would still recommend the Epic Super Twins from The Chord Company.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts