Speakers for a Yamaha A-S1000/Yamaha CD-S1000 system

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello all,

I am quite new to all this but I am planning to buy a this Yamaha combination. My only doubt is which speakers to combine it with. If I understood correcty, one should spend as much on the speakers as on the amplifier. I was wondering if it is possible to have bookshelf or small floorstanding speakers (max height:65 cm). I have been looking at Monitor Audio GS 10, B&W CM5 but also the Klipsch Heresy iii.

Can anyone tell me what I should definitely listen to? I like rock/pop/electro/jazz.

Thanks for the help.

G.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
You could take a look at the excellent new ProAc Studio 115's, which are a big improvement over the old 15's with a more vivid presentation but still, retain that 'sweetness' that ProAc are well known for. Also, the KEF Q300's would be worth a try, which is a fantastic sounding speaker for less than £500. you could also look at the PMC DB1i's and ATC SCM11's - try and get a demo of some and see which ones tickle your fancy.

audioaffair

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi:You could take a look at the excellent new ProAc Studio 115's, which are a big improvement over the old 15's with a more vivid presentation but still, retain that 'sweetness' that ProAc are well known for. Also, the KEF Q300's would be worth a try, which is a fantastic sounding speaker for less than £500. you could also look at the PMC DB1i's and ATC SCM11's - try and get a demo of some and see which ones tickle your fancy.

All of which you happen to sell David?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Of course - how can I recommend something I've never heard?

All I've done is made some recommendations based on the OP's info - standmounts between £500 and £1,000 that I think would work.

audioaffair

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
The Focal 806's are worth an audition at the lower end of your price bracket, which have a more mellow sound than the ProAcs. In fairness the Studio 115s are some of the finest stand mounters we've heard for £1000. If your budget is permitting and your dealer can help, ProAc's D1 speakers might also be worth a listen - these tip over budget a bit at closer to £1400 but work wonders with the Yamaha A-S2000 so may be worth a try.

Out of curiosity, are you going for the Yamaha's in black or silver? Black is quite understated with black side cheeks, but silver is about as "retro" as you can get with the cherry side cheeks.

A

Anonymous

Going into different dealers and listening to as much as possible is probably the best idea rather than limiting yourself to a particular brand. That way you'll get an idea of the type of sound you like.

It might be painful, but it can prevent expensive upgrades in the future if you limit your choices and buy something that isn't quite right.

A

Anonymous

Actually I would prefer the silver as I am a into vintage design but I dislike the clear wood. So I guess it will be the black. It seems there is a silver and black wood version also, but I haven't seen it. Thanks for you advice.

A

Anonymous

I have the AS2000 and CDS2000 (in black) with ATC SCM11 speakers and I think they work really well together - lovely rich detailed sound without harshness, which is just what I was aiming for. I also tried the Yamaha kit with ATC SCM7s, which also sounded excellent, if a little lacking in low bass.

Hi mikii1977

Hello stranger
emotion-1.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Hey Rick - hope that you're well. Couldn't resist posting when I saw this thread!

mikii1977:
Hey Rick - hope that you're well. Couldn't resist posting when I saw this thread!

Hi mikii1977

I am fine thanks.

Funnily enough i thought of you as soon as i saw this thread!
emotion-1.gif
Anyway i am glad you are happy with your system
emotion-2.gif

Btw, please check your email.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts