Speakers for a Leak amp

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Wondering if some of you guys on here could point me in the right direction as regards to a pair of speakers which might suit my needs.

I run a Leak 2200 amp (old I know but works perfectly and has sentimental value), I currently run a pair of leak 3080 speakers but they have seen better days, no speaker cloth bit tatty and generally showing thier age.

So, I have been looking into buying a new pair of speakers and am so far impressed with the Focal 716V and the Monitor Audio rs6 silver. Liked the sound of both (found the MA's bass a bit punchier) but was put off the Focal's mainly because of the vinyl wood finish, compared to the M.A's it does look cheap, but did like the sound, also the physical size of the speakers was bigger which I liked. So I am torn between to two.

So, I am asking your opinions on the above or perhaps other suggestions. My musical tastes are rock and metal and I like it loud!!!! and I have a budget of between £500 - £1000.

Ta,

Cliff.

A

Anonymous

Hi Cliff

I know it is a long time ago but do you still have your 3080s. I ahve a pair in basically very good condition but I need a bass unit.

Any thoughts.

Thanks

Paul

T

the record spot

Have to mention the Q Acoustics 2050, which, with their 92db sensitivity, might make the job of driving them a little easier for the Leak? Good sound too by all accounts in the three titles that have covered them this month.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts