Speakers - AIWA SX-N999mkll

cjackson

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
Bought them off ebay a few days ago... mainly bought them because I was looking for some smaller speakers to what I had which were Samsung 100Watt 3-Way Speakers, also these looked fairly solid.

I dont usually touch anything Aiwa with a barge pole but I thought fo r£16 as a stop gap I'm not gonna complain.

Anyway, rated at 150 Watts Per Speakers, 3-way - they sound absolutely phononmenal with my NAD 3020e. I must admit probarbly some of the best speakers I've heard and they are really well built and also very heavy (must be a good sign?)!

They are part of my main system and they are getting used very well most days and sound way better than my previous speakers, and the perfect size for my room.

I'll post some pics later!!!

incidentflux

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
I had the Aiwa Mini Hi-Fi system they came with. Unfortunately it shorted out. The speakers are termendous, Been using them since the late 90s. Later I paired them with my Inspire Sorround system. It felt like I bought an entirely new system.

Now I'm going to pair them with my Yamaha RX-A840 AVR, GoldenEar Triton Three and SuperSat 50C (center), as LR Presence speakers.

These speakers are something special.

incidentflux

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
Set my Yamaha RX-A840 AVR to 6 Ohms, and paired the Aiwa SX-N999 (LR Presence) with my 8 Ohm LR Triton Threes and SuperSat 50C.

With all together, 3+2.2 Brillant wall of sound.

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
AIWA were always a fantastic middle of the road brand.... so much so that Sony bought them over (AIWA prices were far Better than Sony's) *smile*

AWIA made loads of great things at great prices, Sony knew this, hence the take-over.

Sad in a way.

incidentflux

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
Got an official reply from Yamaha support, incase someone is curious about mixing 6 and 8 Ohms speakers with an RX-A840.
Dear Valued Customer, Thank you for your enquiry. Yes please, mentioned speakers (6 ohms) can be connected with receiver (assigned by default- 8 ohms)and please make sure not to keep any devices/clothes on top of it to avoid poor ventilation. Best Regards,Yamaha Customer Support

TRENDING THREADS