Speaker upgrades

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
[size=3 face="Times New Roman"]Hello all,[/size=3 face]

[size=3 face="Times New Roman"] [/size=3 face]

[size=3 face="Times New Roman"]I have just signed up to the whatfihi forum and was hoping for some advice as I am thinking about upgrading my hifi speakers. My current system is:[/size=3 face]

[size=3>[font="Times New Roman"][/font][/size=3>[font]

[size=3 face="Times New Roman"]- Rega Kyte speakers[/size=3 face]

[size=3 face="Times New Roman"]I realise it's a bit of a odd system but in the main I'm quite happy with, although I know that my speakers limit the systems full potential. What I'm looking for is a more involving sound and more detail as my system is a bit on the neutral side and lacks some dynamics. I have a budget of £500 and am considering the following speakers.[/size=3 face]

[size=3>[font="Times New Roman"]Komponent 110, EB Acoustics EB1, Monitor Audio BR5, Leema Acoustics Xero and Dynaudio DM2/7.[/b][/font][/size=3>[font]

[size=3 face="Times New Roman"]Many thanks for your help.[/size=3 face]

Hi Fi Decision

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Acoustic Energy have huge discounts on their radiance range on Ebay. You can get a pair of Radiance 1's for £231 and they're usually £600. I bought the Radiance 2's for £394 (usually £1000). They are direct from the manufacturer and are cosmetically 'B' grade although I am yet to find the imperfection in my pair.

A

Anonymous

The monitors are nice. If you can stretch the budget and don't mind a bookshelf speaker than the dyns

A

Anonymous

Thanks for all your help so far everyone.

I have recently been offered a pair of Monitor Audio GS10 for £550, normally they retail for around £900. Does any one have experience of these speakers, and would they recommend them in the context of my current hi fi set up?

Cheers

A

Anonymous

I used to have GS10, in different setup though. Miles ahead of MA Bronze, Dali Lektors and similar. For that price in my opinion it is worth taking a risk. Do not forget to budget for (their own MA) stands and some good copper speaker cables (from my experience, I liked Kimber 8TC with GS10).

A

Anonymous

I have also been advised to listen to some Castle Knight 3 speakers. They look fantastic but does anyone know if they are any good and better than the ones I have listed so far?

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts