Speaker upgrade for Rega Saturn & Leema Pulse system.

QUIKSTER

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Hi All,

Can anyone recommend any good speaker upgrade options to integrate with a Rega Saturn CD and Leema Pulse amp.

Currently using MA RS6 but will be moving these over to my home cinema setup.

Looking at a good upgrade from the RS6, either a floor Stander or book shelf speaker thats gives a floorstander sound..

Listen to mostly dance, R&B , Hip Hop.

First, I'm envious you have the Saturn. Recently had the Apollo on home dem really liked the synergy between the two.

Back to your question: Totem Arro are my favs with the Leema Pulse. Also look at PMC TB2i or GB1i and Spendor A5s. Another one that's come onto my radar, although not heard, is the ProAc Response D Two. I suppose Leema's own Xones would be a consideration...

QUIKSTER

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Hi PP,

I picked up the Saturn off the Pink Fish Media forum for £550, using with a Chord Powerchord.

Noticed a big improvement from the Apollo.

With regards to your speaker recommendations, how do they perform with bass depth, I would like more depth and detail but without losing out on in the bass dept.

Not sure how these would also perform with my taste in music.

Thumpa

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi QUIKSTER

Leema and PMC / Dynaudio (not my fav); Rega and Epos. Of course, as PP suggetsed, each Co has its own speakers.

Personally, with admitted bias, I'd be keen to check out the new Epos Elan.

What's your budget, ballpark?

**If you like a true monitor, which should be ideal for Rega-Leema, one out of the bag: Legend Acoustics by Dr Rod Lawrence, ex Linn. Seriously good speakers and tremendous value for money. Should be excellent for your musical preferences. The only apparent prob: Australian. But definitely don't discard on that.

http://www.legendspeakers.com.au/feedback.html

QUIKSTER said:
Hi PP,

I picked up the Saturn off the Pink Fish Media forum for £550, using with a Chord Powerchord.

Noticed a big improvement from the Apollo.

With regards to your speaker recommendations, how do they perform with bass depth, I would like more depth and detail but without losing out on in the bass dept.

Not sure how these would also perform with my taste in music.

Tricky to say. The Arros are great with the Leema. The bass is very different from the RS6s; the bass, to me, has more solidity, better definition but without any nasties. When it comes to midrange and top-end treble and insight, the Totems are immense; so musical, but if you're looking for ferocious out-and-out detail, others will probably do it better.

Regards the PMCs, I've only heard the DB1is and they punch well above their weight. Fantastic detail and bass for the size. However, my only reservation is with playing DVDs. They can't quite give the 'bangs and crashes' of the RS6s - that's understandable. This is why I've recommended the TB2is and GB1is. They'll give you the all-round bang for your buck, without sacrificing the dynamics and subtlety.

Overall, for placement, sound and sheer musical enjoyment little beats the Totems. The only downside is they are very unstable. And make sure you hear them with the 'claws' under the plinth.

QUIKSTER

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
How would the XTZ 99.36 MKII match with Rega Saturn and Leema Pulse.

http://www.audiosanctum.co.uk/Floorstanding-Loudspeakers/XTZ-99.36mkII-Floorstanding-Loudspeaker-Piano-Black-Pair.html

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
I also have Rega Saturn and Leema Pulse, but with Quad 21l2. Detail is brilliant, especially with acoustic music and jazz, but the sound gets a bit to aggressive and painful with some rock music. I am also considering an upgrade and will try to listen to the usual suspects from PMC, Spendor, Proac etc. I shall be very interested in your thoughts if you manage to hear some of the contenders, Quikster!

BluePotato

May 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't have too much to compare against but I've got a Leema Pulse with Spendor A5 and ARCAM R DAC. Wasn't blown away initially but think that was the Leema being new (Spendors were ex demo) - last few weeks everything warming up beautifully, detail, punch, balance. Puts a smile on the face and very OH friendly.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts