Speaker upgrade, advice needed.

ianb76

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi

Recently upgraded AV Receiver to Yamaha RXV1067. Speakers that have paired with it at moment are Q Acoustics 1000 in a 7.1 configuration. Looking on this forum and others seems I may not be doing the receiver justice with my current set up.

Have been looking at Monitor Audio speakers, problem is cannot decide which series of speakers to go for. I like the look of the Radius HD ones, especially the centre speaker options as would fit under my 50inch plasma very well. Also Bronze BX are in similar price range and get favourable reviews. I've noticed on this forum that some users have a mix of different speaker ranges, so I guess I could mix and match between these ones. Is that correct?

If anyone has any other speaker recommendations, please let me know.

Many Thanks

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
You could mix & match but i would stick with the same make & series at least for front left, right & centre as a bare minimum, preferably all of them.

Nothing wrong with your speaker choices though, as usual it all depends on the budget & having a demo if possible.

ric71

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I used to have the Radius R225HD/R90HD set up. Fantastic. My only advice would be to not get the R370 sub as for that kind of £ about £500 you can do better. Think along the lines of BK, REL or MJ Acoustics. These makes will work a treat with the radius range.

ianb76

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking of having Radius R225 Centre, then 4 R90HD for fronts and surrounds. As for the surround back thought either the BXFX or the RXFX. As you mentioned was looking at other subwoofer options, like BK or MJ Acoustics.

Luckily have a hifi store close to me which stocks them, so hopefully can get demo there very soon.

Many thanks for your advice.

ric71

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi Ian,

That will be a cracking system. I would go for the RXFX and glad you are looking at other subs. Dont get me wrong the Radius 370 is not a bad sub but for the £ there really is better out there. I sold mine as it was the weak link in the Radius system IMO.

You will be very pleased with the Radius HD speakers. Go and demo them if you can. They are fantastic and very versatile re placement in a room and work a treat with music. Finish and build quality is superb.

Enjoy

A

Anonymous

Ian, that will be a great combo, I used to have 3 x R250HDs and RXFX they sounded excellent, I still wish I kept the RXFX they are stunning speakers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts