Speaker suggestion for demos

rich51080

Jul 24, 2007
Visit site
Can anyone give me some suggestion of some speakers to try as I want to replace my B&W 705 speakers with something more punchy - My main music taste is metal and rock. It will be running from a Linn Classik of which I am thinking of upgrading to Naim or Audionet.

Brands i have been looking at include Spendor,Neat,Focal,Dynaudio,Ruark and Triangle.

The Triangles do interest me as they have a lot of fans it seems.

I need some good suggestions - They need to be a step up from B&W 705 though.

A

Anonymous

I'm about to go listen to some Neat Motive 2's and Rega R5's matched with a Naim 5i...I'll let you know how it sounds in a few hours.

rich51080

Jul 24, 2007
Visit site
I am ok with either standmount or floorstanders

Budget - 1200 maybe 1500 at a push. 2nd hand is ok.

Pro ac is also appealling at the moment and Monitor g 60 has been mentioned in other forums.

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
Is the Linn a bit too polite to rock? You're right to change amp and speakers. Naim and Dynaudio would punch better. Triangle floorstanders would be a good find too.

A

Anonymous

I heard the Naim 5i with Neat Motive 2 speakers today and WOW! the sound was very nice indeed!

Both are now at the top of my list with just a few more pieces to audition. You should go hear the combo for yourself!

rich51080

Jul 24, 2007
Visit site
I am thinking of the Naim CD5X with Nait with Neat speakers.

Or shall i just plump for the CDX2, at least it will last stop the upgraditis.

Has anyone heard the CDX2, I am planning a demo.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="brock_boogie"]
I heard the Naim 5i with Neat Motive 2 speakers today and WOW! the sound was very nice indeed!

Both are now at the top of my list with just a few more pieces to audition. You should go hear the combo for yourself!
[/quote]

Where did you go? It seems that Neat dealers are a bit thin on the ground....thanksjules.

A

Anonymous

Brock_Boogie, did you try the rega r5s too? Just interested how they compared to the motives.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="rich51080"]
I am thinking of the Naim CD5X with Nait with Neat speakers.

Or shall i just plump for the CDX2, at least it will last stop the upgraditis.

Has anyone heard the CDX2, I am planning a demo.
[/quote]
I heard the Nait 5i, Naim n-Sat speakers and both the CDX2 and CD5i. TBH in the 30min demo we did, I didn't hear a massive difference. Perhaps that's due to the speakers or amp not being up to the CDX2 standard, but I wouldn't have purchased it in that combo for such a price difference!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts