Speaker stands for Q Acoustics 1010i / 1020i

thedozyone

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
I am looking at sorting my home cinema.

Currently I have an Onkyo 807 with 1020i Q Acoustic Fronts, 1000ci Centre, 1010i Rears & Mordaunt Short 309i sub.

I was looking at some floor standing speakers but was unsure which would be the best "happy medium" for music / home cinema.

My next idea was to maybe standmount the current speakers. Does anyone have any recommendations? And also will these sounds better as standmount?

I've seen a few stands, Atacama Nexus 5i / 6i. Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance!

:)

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
When i had the 1010i setup i went for 1030i floorstanders at the front in the end after being in much the same position as you and i would recommend getting Q Acoustics floorstanders if that's what you want as they will have the same sonic characteristics as your other speakers, it's always best to not mix speakers from different manufacturers if possible as it provides a much better overall sound.

If floorstanders are what you want then you have four Q Acoustics options, the new 2050i or older 2050 (if you can still get them) which will be new or a pair of 1030i or 1050i speakers second hand from ebay or a similar auction site, if it was me i would try to get the 2050i speakers as they will give a good balance with your other speakers and are a cracking pair of speakers in their own right.

If mounting your fronts i would steer you towards the Soundstyle Z2i stands as they come with the mounting holes that correspond to your fronts so they can be bolted on and are exactly what i used for my 1010i's until i went over to floorstanders so i can highly recommend them...they made an instant improvement on the sound of the speakers and aren't too expensive.

Hope that helps.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Didn't see your other post about speaker cable first time, either of those cables should be fine but you may notice a slight difference in sound from the superior cable you will have on the fronts so if atall possible get the same cable all round but if that's not possible then either of those should do the job nicely and as they are both QED they should sound balanced with your fronts.

The merits of expensive cables has been debated many times on these forums but for me speaker cable is the most cost efficient upgrade to any system but don't go OTT as there is no point spending say anything over £5-7 per metre at max in your current set up.

thedozyone

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the advice.

I managed to track down some Soundstyle Z2iis from Peter Tyson so for now have ordered 2 pairs.

I've ordered some QED 79 strand for the rears

Thanks again!

:)

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
No worries, glad i could help :)

You decided against floorstanders in the end then, what swayed you? I presume it's simply price....yes?

Your 1020i fronts will definately benefit from the Soundstyle stands but be sure to experiment with positioning, they will need a little toe in but getting them the right distance away from the wall is most important for bass performance. If i remember correctly i had my 1010i's about 10cm away from the wall but your 1020i's can deliver more bass so it will be worth experimenting with.

I hope you find the stands a good system upgrade and i'm sure the speaker cable you bought will be up to the task and balance quite nicely with your other cable.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts