Speaker Stands for 685s/iQ3s

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I need some speaker stands for my speakers - what would be a suitable stand for my B&Ws 685s and my Kef IQ3s? Budget isn't kind of a big problem, as long as it's good value for money and would be suitable for future upgrades. It would be nice if they looked good too!

Thanks everyone!
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

I've just orderd some 685 and 686's and gone with some soundstyle Z2 Mk2's

As soon as i have them i'll give an update.

A

Anonymous

chebby:Atacama Nexus 6.

(Or cobble something together out of old vermilion orange Triumph TR7 parts!)

Ha ha ha! You read the letter then! Then again, from what David recommends, I could use some E70s as stands...

I think the Atacama Nexus stands will be my best bet, but I could spend a bit more and get the Super Dreadnoughts...

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Hughes123:Ha ha ha! You read the letter then! Then again, from what David recommends, I could use some E70s as stands...I think the Atacama Nexus stands will be my best bet, but I could spend a bit more and get the Super Dreadnoughts...

I worry a bit about David. All that talk about brown curtains, lava lamps, copies of Razzle and chrome cigarette boxes full of Embassy No. 6 was way too specific. Either he has been watching Abigail's Party too many times or that was his own room he was describing!

The Atacama stands have more surface area and should take some of that 1970s wallpaper you showed us the other day quite well.

Here are some more 1970s style tips to inspire you....

http://www.lileks.com/institute/interiors/71book/index.html

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Clare definitely recommended getting the Dreadnoughts for the B&Ws if you could afford them in another post. I use Nexus 6 stands filled about 3/4s with atabites and am very happy with them.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Yep, the B&W 685s thrive when sat on sturdy stands - the Partingtons would work a (premium) treat.

(PS I am making no comment about Mr Price's pecadillos. Superb response from him and Noel, I thought!)

A

Anonymous

Check out the wallpaper - almost as hypnotic as my star wallpaper!

abigails.jpg

A

Anonymous

Clare Newsome:
Yep, the B&W 685s thrive when sat on sturdy stands - the Partingtons would work a (premium) treat.

(PS I am making no comment about Mr Price's pecadillos. Superb response from him and Noel, I thought!)

Partingtons it is then! Anything is better than just sitting them ontop of a sideboard I guess!

Oh and it was an excellent response, truly excellent and it made me laugh!

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Hughes123:
Check out the wallpaper - almost as hypnotic as my star wallpaper!

abigails.jpg

You are 15 and male and the first thing you see in that photo is wallpaper?!!

The lamp man, the lamp! :)

A

Anonymous

I have a set of Soundstyle ST122 sand filled under my 685's and they do a great job.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts