Speaker recommendation on low budget

Honest Objections

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

First time posting, but I'm looking to add two good Hi-Fi speakers into a Home Cinema set-up (wrong section, I know) but mostly I listen to music, with the Amp being connected into my PC and the surround sound speakers are just a little disappointing sometimes. Unfortunately, I've only got around £200 to spend on them so I'd like to try and make it go a bit futher! Mostly been looking at used, hoping to find a bargain. Floor standing would be nice, but I'm sure I can find some cheap stands for a good pair of bookshelves.

Thanks for any advice, it's always greatly appreciated!

Current set-up:

Sony STR-DN1030

Teufel R2 Concept Surround

Yamaha sub

marinmv

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
How about Wharfedale Diamond 121's on Pixel T50 stands? Available from Richer Sounds, £170 all in. I have them with Marantz CD and PM6005 and sounds fantastic.

When the OP mentions 'good hi fi speakers' and even mentioned floorstanders the suggestion he us cheap active speakers might not seem such a goos idea. He would then have to waste a fair bit of the budget (which is already very low) on speaker stands when that money would be better spent on the quality of the speaker itself. I, personally , can see little point in paying for extras in the way of amplification when he already has a perfectly serviceable one. ...Oh and those Yamaha's are £125 each. So there :)

bluedroog

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Those Tannoys sound like a real bargain.

If buying used consider Acosutic Energy AE109s, really lovely speakers with tight and fast upper bass, coupple of pairs on the ebay right now for not much money, check these out http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/QUALITY-PAIR-OF-ACOUSTIC-ENERGY-AE109-SPEAKERS-in-GOOD-CONDITION-/141563004751?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item20f5d0074f

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts