Speaker positioning (Attention fellow RS6 owners in particular)

huddo

Nov 13, 2007
Visit site
Hi , just wondering how you've got your speakers positioned, are they sitting in lots of free space or against the walls etc, just having a play with mine and any feedback would be good, thanks

huddo

Nov 13, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for the Ged, what sort of floor do you have to warrant the granite plinths, the not toed in is intestering as I have mine quite prominantly toed in at the moment and am struggling with creating a soundstage. Another question have you used the bung to block a port if so which one did you block off ? front or rear port ??

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I have a carpeted floor and part of the reason for the plinths is well, they look good! They also feel more secure on them and I have kids. I have used the bungs (in the rear - mine have no front ports) but that was when I had the speakers in the corner of the room, I now have taken the bungs out. I'm really happy with the soundstage, so much so there is the illusion that the voices are coming from my centre speaker and not from where the sound is really coming from.

A

Anonymous

FWIW, when I had a pair of RS1s I found that the focus and bass balance benefited a lot from a small amount of toe-in. This was in two very different rooms too. A small amount being just enough so that you can't see the inside walls of each speaker when sat in the middle. It is a trade off between scale of sound-stage and focus, but I thought the RS1s worked well with the focus!

A

Anonymous

I have mine slightly toed in and for general listening they are fairly close to the rear wall.
For serious listening - ie wife out of the way - I bring the speakers out about 18" - this improves the depth of the soundstage.
I tend to leave the bungs in (rear port) if near the wall to reduce bass boom but take them out when in serious mode!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts