speaker placement.

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
I currently have my speakers close to the window in the lounge. I have read that windows act as bass absorbers. I do not have thick curtains, but do you think it would be a good idea to get some thick velvet curtains? I have not place else to place the speakers, so moving it is not an option.

A

Anonymous

not 100% sure, but recall reading somewhere that curtains don't make much difference ... search youtube for other alternatives such as bass traps etc

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
gbhsi1:I currently have my speakers close to the window in the lounge. I have read that windows act as bass absorbers. I do not have thick curtains, but do you think it would be a good idea to get some thick velvet curtains? I have not place else to place the speakers, so moving it is not an option.

Lejockey may be able to shed some light on this.

He's been making some room acoustic improvements.

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
do you mean will thicker curtains stop the bass going through the window? if so, then no, the bass will go straight throught the curtains. it's possible they might damp a bit of treble.

A

Anonymous

Hi there as an experiment with your speakers in their general location try the equation xy=z2. x and y being the two shortest distances from the centre of the bass driver and walls/floor and z being the longest. eg. x being floor to centre of mid/bass 70cm; y being centre of driver to side wall 100cm...100x70=700 the square root of 700 is approx 26.5 so your speakers will be 100cm of the side wall and 26.5cm of the back wall etc

surprisingly good for a starting point then make small incremental adjustments to voice the speakers/room to taste...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts