Speaker height question

paulsue38

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
I am about to order some Dynaudio Excite 12 speakers. I am aware that the norm for stands is 60cms. However, the way the room is set up 50cms is more practical giving an overall height of 785cms.Some seem to suggest that this is too low.
Despite this compact floorstanders seem to be able to cope with the tweeter being lower.
For instance the Spendor A3 is only 750 high and the Neat Motive SE2 760 high? The Dynaudios will be higher than both!
Am I missing something ,if its ok for floorstanders then surely the bookshelf speakers can be at this height?
Any advice would be gratefully received.
Best wishes
Paul

A

Anonymous

Hi

If the tweeter is at ear level when you are sitting in your normal listening position this should be fine.

shafesk

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't worry about that difference, you can always tilt your speakers down using the supplied spikes at an angle so the tweeters are pointing at your listening height. I think you are also forgetting to take in your height into consideration, your listening position is higher the taller you are for instance. I wouldn't worry too much about the Excites to be honest, I've demoed them sitting below tweeter height and I couldn't hear a difference standing up to ear height. These Dyns have an immersive soundstage wherever you sit.

paulsue38

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. I will probably stick with 50 cms. I did notice when browsing on the Spendor website that they specify a height range for their bookshelf speakers of between 50 - 65 cms. I am also only 5ft 7 ins! (as my kids keep reminding me)
Paul

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts