Speaker Choice To accompany Marantz

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have now decided to buy the Marantz PM6002 & CD6002 package and have 3 options in my budget in which to buy a pair of speakers. Which would go best with my new system? I will also be using Chord Company Silver Screen cables.

Mordaunt-Short Advent 902i

DALI Lektor 1

Tannoy Mercury F1 Custom

Cheers for the help in advance

A

Anonymous

I haven't heard the Dali's but if thats the package you've decided on get yourself down to Sevenoaks or look online. They are currently offering the Marantz CD and AMP plus the Dali's for £649.00.

T

the record spot

If you're prepared to give them a chance and go with an open mind, there's a pair of Mission 733i speakers on Ebay right now at £50 with no bids. Originally £330 they're superb musical speakers with a good deep bass. These look to be in near mint condition and the Marantz would work well with them. I've had mine for years and they still work well with all kinds of music today - I would be hard pressed to recommend another used speaker in that price bracket.

Equally, I can understand the need for a new item, but the Missions would thump the Tannoys and the Mordaunt-Shorts and at least give the Dalis a very healthy run for their money ( certainly win hands down on bass IMO).

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
The Dalis would be my recomendation if you are buiying new. I personally think they would be greatly superior to the Missions with far more detail and clearer midrange. They will not be as bassy as the Missions though.

Nick

T

the record spot

I think you might be surprised how good those Missions are...assuming you've not heard them that is?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts