Speaker choice for audiolab 8000a/8000cd

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
hello,at present i'm using tdl rtl 2's with my 8000a.got them off ebay for £19.00,bloody great speakers but there will come a day when i will need to upgrade but for the time being or until i can afford the rega r3's they will have to do.i did read on another forum that robin marshall,one of the original designers of epos speakers that he favoured the 8000a with his speakers so maybe the m22 may be a good match.

A

Anonymous

I use Mission 753s with my 8000a and it's a very nice sound indeed - but make sure you've got a bit more room than I have. I have to keep them quite close to the wall and get a little (not soo bad but I want to sort it) of bass bloom. This goes away when the speakers have a couple of feet of space around them but I get into trouble if I forget to put them back :)

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I've got some AESprit 309 floorstanders for sale if youre interested.

I demo'd these last weekend with my friends Audiolab 8000S and 8000P (i think thats right) and they sounded great. They actually sounded better then when partnered with my Arcam 9 and 9P.

We also tried them with just the 8000S and the Arcam 9 integrated and they Audiolab's bettered the Arcam in the midrange and treble but both were great for bass.

A

Anonymous

Hi Jim/DAN 1979
I am using the mission 752 floorstanders atm circa 1997 but i take your point re closeness to the wall, i think when i initially asked the question about the epos speakers the mission were suffering in the midrange, i have however since discovered that a previously repaired cd input on the 8000a is the cause, so before parting with any brass i intend to put in some more listening hours. Thanks for the reply guys, much appreciated, I guess I will now go and get out my tape measure :)

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
i used to have the 752's great speakers and as they have foreward firing ports you should be able to place them a bit closer to the wall.try using a different input on your amp.ie tuner or tape output for your cd.good luck,gregory.

A

Anonymous

Hi Gregory, yes I did try the tuner input which is on the same bank of four as the cd input and the difference again is amazing, normal service resumed so to speak :) (wallet has breathed a sigh of relief and gone back into hiding :) ), btw the speakers seem to work fine at around 12 inches from the the wall. Thanks for the input. ATB John

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts