Speaker choice for aging Rotel system???

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My old standmount speakers recently gave out and I am looking for suitable replacements to complement my aging Rotel system which is still in perfect condition. Amp - Rotel RA935BX, CD - Rotel RCD965BX, Interconnects - Van den Hul Thunderline. Room size is 5m x 5m. I will look at replacing the Rotel system shortly, but not just yet. Based on What Hi-Fi reviews the B&W 685, Monitor Audio BR2 standmounts, and BR5 and KEF iQ5SE compact floor standers have crossed my mind. I would like decent bass, but don't want to scare the neighbours either. Amongst these speakers, or any others out there, I would appreciate recommendations for suitable replacements.

John Duncan

The B&W and KEFs are definite ones to audition. Don't rule out the MAs but audition carefully, looking for signs of harshness at the top end with that particular amp.

May also be worth hearing the AVI Neutron V to see if it gives you enough bass when placed against a wall, as they're very nice indeed.

lordmortlock

May 21, 2008
Visit site
I've got the kefs at the mo on home audition and I'm left a little underwhelmed, although admittedly with a ca set up rather than rotel. My old mission m73s sound better imo!

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the advice. Does the amp have enough power to be comfortable with floor standers? Room size is only 5m x 5m, but I would like to fill with sound.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts