Speaker Choice for a Denon DM35DAB...

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there, I'm new to the board so hopefully I'm in the right place??I'm after a bit of advise. I'm looking to buy the Denon DM35DAB and I'm being pointed towards the Cambridge Audio S30 speakers rather than the SCM 73 Denon speakers. Can anyone suggest the best speakers for the unit or alternative units/speaker combinations in that sort of price bracket?? Any help much appreciated! thanksMike

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi Mike, and welcome to the Forums!

Yes, i'd definitely take the Cambridge Audio S30 speakers over the ones that come with the Denon. But then i'd also take the Onkyo C515DAB over the Denon system, too - a much better all-round listen for the same amount of money.

The Onkyo system's speakers are OK, but again can be bettered by a stronger budget pair - the Cambridges, or the Tannoy Mercury F1 Custom (£110; highly versatile) or the Mordaunt-Short Avant 902i (£150; if you a like a peppy listen) or Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 (£150; a more refined listen).

A

Anonymous

That's great, thank you Clare. I will have a look at those and see where I end up. Thanks again.

Mike

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts