Speaker cables to go with Naim Nap 200

Dan Turner

Jul 9, 2007
Visit site
I use Naim's own cables (I side-graded from Atlas Hyper 2.0 and found the NACA5 to definitely be better). I think a lot of Naim users who've tried other options seem to come back to the NACA5. The cable was designed to work with their amps (and the amps were designed using the cables). The consensus of the dealers i've spoken and those contributing on this subject on the Naim forum is that you need to spend silly money for an out-and-out improvement over the NACA5.

But...it's all about personal taste at the end of the day, so maybe see if you dealer can lend you the NACA5 and some alternatives to try.

jockey.wilson

Jan 27, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

I use Chord Rumour (have done for about 10 years). Use it with my NAP 200 and a previous NAP 140. Works fine...

Easier to manipulate with a smaller footprint than Naim cable. I could upgrade but can't justify spending more than about £10/m on speaker cable!!!

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Just use NACA5. Get your dealer to solder on the connections that you get with your power amp. It really is a no brainer in terms of VFM. Yes you can get "better" speaker cable, but the only one I have heard is Chord Signature at £stupid amounts per m. Even then going back to NACA5 was a pleasure (did not own the sig, just demo).

Ok its a bit difficult to manouvere, but the use of a hairdryer on low heat setting sorts that out.

Make sure you get 3.5m minimum either side.

iceman16

I've been using chord odyssey 4 with my naim(122x/150x) and found it a bit bright then change to chord epic super twin and there is a huge difference.the epic sound warmer and not fatiguing with loads of detail.Bass is more expanded witout being boomy.I've tried different brands of speaker and interconnect cables and found the chords are the best sounding for my naim set up.There are some cables which sound warmer but there is compromise on the detail and soundstage.Give the chord epic a try and Im confident you will like them.Btw its your own ears which should decide though.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
derby:
HiI am the the process of purchasing a Naim Nap 200 amp. Naim recommend there own cables but are they the best option.Your views are welcome Andy
Their cable always works well with their amplification, but it'll depend on which speakers you're using too...

Singslinger

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Over on the Naim Forum you'll find members suggesting Chord Epic or the much more expensive Chord Signature as possibly better alternatives to Naim's NAC A5 cable.

I use Chord Epic with my Naims and find it has the edge over NAC A5 in the treble and midrange (more detail) but NAC A5 offers better bass. NAC A5 users also claim the music hangs together better because it has better PRaT (pace, rhythm and timing) than other cables.

Also worth considering is that Epic is roughly twice the cost for the same lengths.

A

Anonymous

HiThanks for your replys, i have Pmc FB1i speakers, i have been looking at naca5 cables and have been recommended chord cables aswell. andy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts