Speaker cables recommendation

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I would like to have your feedback on speaker cables. My system consists of : Marantz PM7000 integrated amplifier, Rotel CD971 cd player, Dual 601 and JPW Ruby 3 speakers. I would like to upgrade the speakers cabling. My budget is around 150 euros (120 GBP) and the length of the cables is 5 metres long for each pair.. What do you think of QED and Audioquest T4 ?

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
I suggest that unless for some reason your existing cable is bell-wire, the best thing would be to spend that money on music.

The phase in my life I spent upgrading cables has to go down as one of the biggest "doh!" phases ever, in hindsight.

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site

I think the first question should be, why do you think you need to change the speaker wire and what are you hoping to achieve by doing this?

The first thing is to try speaker positioning and mayb some basic room treament as a test, see if anything you think is missing is cured by simple things that can be done for free first.

imho of course :)

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I have Audioquest Type 4 for about 5 years now. I can't find anything that improves on it by a huge margin to justify increase in price.

You can buy it per meter and have it terminated at the dealer, it comes cheaper than the factory packaged and ready option.

antskip

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
The only sure method is to try the speaker cables you are considering out on your setup - everything left the same except the change of speaker cable. You will discover immediately any difference in sound or not.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts