Speaker cables for Marantz M-CR603 + bookshelf speakers.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I ordered a Marantz M-CR603 yesterday from my local branch of Audio-T.

Up until now I have been using 2 x 3.5m runs of black Naim NACA5 cable with soldered Naim connectors and these will be going (along with a few other things) soon.

I want two flexible 2.5 metre lengths of single wired speaker cable, preferably white or transparent.

The dealer showed me some Chord Carnival SilverScreen (pearly white) but it was not very flexible and was quite thick.

I was also shown a plethora of different QED cables (of which I recall none of the acronyms, there were so many).

Any other ideas?

Thanks.

(I never again want cables that need a hairdryer to set the bends and that could almost support speakers without use of stands!)

A

Anonymous

QED Revelation or Chord Odyssey 2 IMO Chebby

Had both cables and both are superb; when I demo'd the Marantz a few weeks back with the M/A RX1's they used both cables and they were bob-on IMO

I've got the Chord Odyssey 2 in my 2nd system after changing it from Chord Carnival Silverscreen and it's half the thickness; easy to manipulate too
emotion-1.gif

T

the record spot

For your needs Chebby, 322-multistrand copper cable will do fine. Very flexible, transparent sheathing and assuming the copper will fit in with your colour scheme, then job done. 10m was £5.50 from Digitalis Direct and that included postage. No regrets and it replaced Audioquest Type IV.

A

Anonymous

Yes, i agree with the record spot and matthew piano, cheap multistrand copper is fine. Unless you have an amazingly revealing system (aka expensive) you're not going to notice any difference. That's what the dealers say here, anyway.

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Yup,knock some up yourself, i do. Easy peasy and cheap as chips. Of course you may like adding to whatever dealers holiday fund , they love cable sales , best mark up of the lot.

For how much figure 8 multi strand costs you could try different configurations of multi strand to listen to which you prefer just for the fun of it, and still be quids in pocket. Most of it is clear but you could buy some white sheathing for pennies alongside some heat shrink which also costs next to nowt.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts