Speaker cables and position

da_grudge

Jun 5, 2008
Visit site
Hi. I finally decided to buy the MA RS6 with Arcam AVR350. I think they do a nice match.

Now I want to buy cables for the speakers. I;m in doubt between the award winner Chord Carnival Silverscreen or Paul Speltz Anti-Cable. I heard these cables are great, very neutral. Maybe you can also recommned something different.

The other question is about the distance between the speakers from each other and from the wall, you reccomend,

Thank you so much

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
da_grudge:
Hi. I finally decided to buy the MA RS6 with Arcam AVR350. I think they do a nice match.

Now I want to buy cables for the speakers. I;m in doubt between the award winner Chord Carnival Silverscreen or Paul Speltz Anti-Cable. I heard these cables are great, very neutral. Maybe you can also recommned something different.

The other question is about the distance between the speakers from each other and from the wall, you reccomend,

Thank you so much

I've never heard of the Paul Speltz cables. Chord are generally great at all price ranges. I wouldn't spend more than this unless you buy a separate stereo amp.

I have my RS6s about a foot from the wall and about 3m apart.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Very nice choice :) I'm sure you'll be please with the sound, IMO the Arcam sound suits M/A speakers down to a tee...

IMO the Chord Carnival speaker cable is superb and i think it would be a very good choice BUT i also think that the QED Silver Anniversary bi-wire cable is a superb option too.

There are a few folks on here that thinks it can be a bit too forward with M/A speakers (as they have metel tweeters) but IMO the Arcams 'warm' sound keeps it down and makes for a very clear and precise sound with solid bass and a smooth midrange/treble.

Do you have an idea of what interconnects you'll be using?

Re the speaker distance - I have mine at either side of my TV (abour 2m apart) and theyre 1m from the rear wall and slightly toe'd in. I did have them facing straight but found that after a bit of playing about; slightly toe'd in was better.

A

Anonymous

Gotta ask since the subject has been brought up, is the issue of speaker cables and interconnects one of those subjective things in which some people would say the difference is subtle, other people saying there is no difference? The only reason I ask is because they can't improve your system per sa, they can only help to prevent degrading the sound and therefore as long as the cable is not flimsy, is built well (interconnects) then there should be very little difference.?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
hi fi newbie:

Gotta ask since the subject has been brought up, is the issue of speaker cables and interconnects one of those subjective things in which some people would say the difference is subtle, other people saying there is no difference? The only reason I ask is because they can't improve your system per sa, they can only help to prevent degrading the sound and therefore as long as the cable is not flimsy, is built well (interconnects) then there should be very little difference.?

This has been done many times before. Two ways of looking at it. Interconnects take away from the real sound. The best ones take the very least away and hence, improve the sound that you would get from lesser cables. The other way of looking at it is the way you described. And yes, they can make a big difference. I don't full understand the physics of speaker cable but again, I use decent stuff as I've noticed the difference as I've upgraded - started with QED XT - to Chord Rumour and now Chord Odyssey 4.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
da_grudge:

what about the anti-speaker cables? won a TAS award?

WHF Team, do you know this cable? tx

TM here not WHF T but I thought I let you know that we have the Anti-cables thread in here before somewhere, may be someone could find the thread for you.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts