speaker cable upgrade

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

New to the forum and would like help on buying new spkr cable, I have a cyrus system, monitor Audio Silver RX6 floorstanders and bt wired with QED Silver Anniversary bi wire cable, I would like to upgrade to the next best cable.

Any suggesstions

Thanks[:)]

A

Anonymous

What are you hoping to accomplish with the cable upgrade? Is there something about your current sound you are unhappy with?

A

Anonymous

Hi

there is nothing wrong with my system or sound, I just want a better more clearer transparent sound and want the best cable for my system and spkrs.

thanks

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
If you're happy with the sound, perhaps moving up the QED ladder would be a good idea.

Next stop is the QED Revelation, after that would be a run of XT300/XT350 to the tweeter and XT350/XT400 to the woofer.

If you really want to push the boat out, try twin runs of QED Genesis.

Hi Gally50

Generic speaker cable of a few hundred strands of OFC at a few £/m will do the trick nicely. If it helps i use generic speaker cables with the Silver RX6's and with all of Monitor Audio's reference Platinum Series.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

dibdab

May 26, 2009
Visit site
I have just bought some new speaker cable after using silver annirversary biwire for years, i actually went for aLiEnRIKs recommendation in the end after wanting to buy chord odessy 2 since i got my new speakers a few months ago, i just didn't have the money in the end and they were still never cheap enough second hand.

I found the treble a touch too bright with the silver annirversary on some recordings with my system, but so far so good with the new van damme hi fi 2.5mm cable, the sound was instantly more likeable with the new cable no more splashy treble and a little more detail in the tracks i've listened to so far.

I honestly didn't expect to like it but i am pleasently surprised by it considering the cost.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Glad you like it dibdab
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

aliEnRIK:Id missed the post. If dibs joined specifically to praise jean claude, I felt bad to not at least reply
emotion-21.gif

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
aliEnRIK:
I think youll find you can do far better than the QED you have now

Id go for van damme UP-LCOFC (Higher grade than OFC)

i recently persuaded my cousin to swap some of the van damme cable for his qed silver anniversary, the van damme is a much better cable. it was also the first time i'd 'blind' tested a cable, not an a/b-x, more an a/b/a/b/b/a/a/b. 'guessed' right each time. less bright in the treble, stronger bass - i'd recommend anyone who thinks all cables sound the same to compare those two.
emotion-5.gif

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
MUSICRAFT:
Hi Gally50

Generic speaker cable of a few hundred strands of OFC at a few £/m will do the trick nicely. If it helps this is what i use generic speaker cables with the Silver RX6's and also with all of Monitor Audio's reference Platinum Series.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

emotion-21.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts