Speaker cable help

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have 2 very short runs of van den hull cs122 speaker cable that i like very much

Ive now moved my hifi and need 2x6m length's and cannot afford to replace with vdh cs122.

has anyone got any ideas and knowledge of cheaper cable that is as balanced or good? for less money(about £60)

My speakers can be bi wired, so bi wired cable would be a bonus

been looking at qed silver anniversary bi wire at £7.50 online?

any help appreciated

nad cd(old but ok)

pioneer a400

ruark templers mk1

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
I use QED S.A Biwire in my Hi-Fi. It's not what I'd call a balanced cable. It errs on the brighter side of neutral. Not a problem if your equipment has a warmer than neutral tone, but if it too is on the bright side, it could get shrill.

A

Anonymous

thanks for the replys so far nice 1, will have a look at Audioquest type4,Atlas Hyper and cheaper van den stuff? as well. Also hadn't thought of saving money with jumpers instead of bi wireing. thanks again all

cheers

A

Anonymous

Mr fezzer:
thanks for the replys so far nice 1, will have a look at Audioquest type4,Atlas Hyper and cheaper van den stuff? as well. Also hadn't thought of saving money with jumpers instead of bi wireing. thanks again all

cheers

Another vote for Van Damme, although i went for the Blue studio stuff which you can also get from the previous link, it's even cheaper. I have now replaced my much more expensive Chord Rumor with this. Great cable.

caddyhound

Feb 26, 2009
Visit site
Have a look at Kimber 12 installation cable from Russ Andrews.I bought some off flea bay as a temporary replacement for Chord Odyssey 4 which is 5 or 6 times the price.It has a white jacket and is easily laid round the room.Sounded just as good in 7m lengths and is still in use.Has 4 cores so can be biwired if required.My neighbour used the rest of the cable with his Quad / PMC set up where it also sounded excellent.The cable is unscreened but I have had no problems with noise from mains leads etc.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts