Speaker cable for Yamaha RX-V2067/Monitor Audio Apex 5.1 system

MMW

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm a new owner of a RX-V2067/Apex 5.1 system and I have just two options to wiring my system, the Chord Carnival Silver Screen or QED Silver Anniversary XT. As far as I know QED SA-XT it´s open and extremely detailed and in some systems maybe a bit bright and the Chord carnival SS warmer and more midbass oriented and slightly less open compared to the QED.

In my area I have no chance to hear them wiring a system like the one I own so I´ll appreciate any comments from owners or sellers about pros and cons of each cable in this particular system.

Thanks a lot in advance.

J.

Hi MMW

I'll recommend that you should also consider using standard 500 strand OFC speaker cables. Fwiw, i have used/use these cables with Apex speakers using amplification such as the RX-V2067, RX-V3067, DSP-Z7, DSP-Z11, RX-A2010, Plinius Odean etc. I also use these standard speaker cables with the Platinum Series PL300AV/PL200AV speaker systems.

Btw, i hope that you enjoy the performance of your RX-V2067/Apex system for many years to come :)

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

RickyDeg

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Hey MMW, congtrats to those excellent choices! I went through a few cables of choice to match my Denon + Apex set-up (Van den Hul, Monster Cable) but settled on Supra (Ply 3.5) which has a terriffic all-round performance with a spacious and smooth sonic character, without being "dull" or "thick". Might certainly be good also with Yamaha. Generally, I've come to respect this brand more and more - Supra makes excellent value cables, with a "no-nonsense" approach to the whole thing.

PS! If you haven't "joined" already, don't forget to enter your post in dedicated Apex Club thread: http://www.whathifi.com/forum/home-cinema/the-apex-club where you might also find more info on recommended cables!

MMW

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your advice! I asked about Chord CSG and QED SA-XT cause they are two of the very few ones available around here that have great reviews AND a very reasonable price (I need A LOT of cable to wire the entire system in my home) so I´d extremely appreciate some experiences and comments about these particular two cables in a Yamaha/Apex system.

Thanks again! :cheers:

Musicraft is a Yamaha & Monitor Audio dealer who has sold hundreds of their products. I'm amazed that Rick has given a honest advice, rather than fleecing customers like many other dealers do. I personally don't believe in spending a lot on cables. Audition different speaker cables & see if you can notice any significant difference to warrant the outlay.

ric71

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I use the QED SA XT all round with my Apex speakers and am very pleased with the results. I did not compare to other cables I must admit but have no plans to change.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts