Speaker cable for Sony STR-DA2400es & Q Acoustic 1000i

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Evening everybody.

Im looking for some cable to go between my STR-DA2400es and my Qacoustic 1000i speakers. I am using the 1020i as fronts instead of the stock 1010i. I am also running the 1020i bi-amp off the front/back surround channels so need a bi-wire cable or to double up single wire. The centre and rears are single wire.

Currenlty I am using Audioquest X2 cable (just under £4 per/m) which has been ok, but im not convinced that it is the optimum cable for the system. I think ive only ever seen one Audioquest cable reveiwed in the mag, and even then it didnt rate too well. The way I see it there must be a good reason for this. I know at the end of the day it is a personal opinion when it comes to cables, but really wondered if anyone had some suggestions, feedback of cables used with these components, or a rough idea on how much I should think to spend per/m.

Im not overally bothered about budget. However I do want to keep things inperspective given the equipment, but everyone seems to think logically and realistically on here anyway.

I look forward to your suggestions.

Thanks for your time.
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

Hi, I have the 1020i speakers for my fronts and also have them bi-wired. I chose the QED Silver Anniversary XT bi wire cable and paid around £7.50m for it. I would recommend this cable however cannot offer a comparison to anything else. This is a well rated cable and I'm sure you wouldn't be disappointed with the sound and would hear the improvement you're looking for.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts