Speaker and amp. advice

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there.I want to upgrade my current system.I want to buy new amp. and speakers as well.I am listening all kind of music.(dance ,classical,rnb .....)My room size is 4meter x 6meter.Should i go for floorstanders or bookshelf speakers?I like the design of kefs and a saw some q5 at richer sound for £250.Worth they that many?What about them?Any advice helps

A

Anonymous

Most important question! What's the budget? It would have helped if you mentioned what your old system is.

For a room your size, personally I'd opt for floor standers. But many well designed bookshelves can be more efficient than poorly designed floor standers. Depends on how much bass you need. Generally, a floor stander will offer you the needed dynamics and headroom.

KEF's are well known for their range of speakers. You can't go wrong with them. Pair them with a NAD, Harman Kardon or Denon and you will enjoy good sound for a long time.

A

Anonymous

My budget is max.£600 for speakers and ampl.My current system is not something special,is just a small philips system PHILIPS MCD708.If not the kefs which other speakers would you recommend and amp?AS i said i am listenig any kind of music and that is why i prefer speakers with deep basses , nice clear middle range and clear higher frequ.

A

Anonymous

cambridge audio azur 640a v2 and the kef's there is a couple of nice 640 on gumtreefor a bit less chek it out

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Simon at Hifisound in Darlington have a pair of mint Kef IQ5 for £199! If you mention my name he might send them to you without postage charge (well try anyway!)

A

Anonymous

NAD has a good receiver in C32 Bee. Also check the latest receiver from Marantz. Anything Marantz is good. I'd also look at Denons if you can lay your hands at them.

KEF Q series is something you should check first. Tannoy Mercury is also a good budget loudspeaker. Depending on how much you invest on receiver, you may actually get a very good pair of loudspeaker within the budget.

A

Anonymous

Thank you guys!Thaiman you said Iq5?Which one would you choose iq5 or q5?ANd why?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts