Speaker Advice

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am looking for a set of speakers for my Hifi, and was wondering whether anyone had any advice! They will be powered by an Arcam CD73 CD Player, and an Arcam A70 Amplifier. My hifi will be playing in a room of approx. 6m x 6m, and I listen to a range of music genres, so they would have to be descent all-rounders.Budget is around the £300 - £400 price bracket. I already have a set of Atacama stands, so would be tempted by bookshelf speakers more. I would like a pair that complements the audio qualities of the Arcam components. Has anyone any advice? The obvious choice would be the B&W 685's or the Dali Lektor 2's, but I'm not sure if either of these would pair well with my Hifi !!?

Help!

matthewpiano

It really depends what sort of sound you are after.

The 685s are superb speakers but, with the A70, they are likely to sound very dull and safe.

You really need something a bit faster sounding to counteract some of the amp's sluggishness so I'd be looking at either the Dalis or the Mordaunt-Short Mezzo 2s.

The other speakers that pair well with Arcam amps are the Quad 11L. Very good imaging and superb for vocals. A bit of a bargain these days as well and very attractive with their 7 coats of piano lacquer.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I agree; the Arcam DiVA A70 was never the most powerful amp and IMO it wouldnt drive the B&W 685's to their best!

The Mezzo 2's are well worth looking at as would be the Dali Lektor 2's.

You could also consider the B&W 602 S2's/S3's 2nd hand via eBay and/or the Monitor Audio BR5's.

What would be handy is what music do you listen to and also what cables (speaker/interconnects) are you using currently?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts