speaker advice needed by a novice!

Muzza

Apr 11, 2011
Hi

I am looking to get some speakers for my lounge to listen to music and also play movies through the TV. The room is about 4m x 4m and the budget is about £800 - £1,000. I will audition of course but I am not an expert and have some questions:

Would floorstanders like the Tannoy Revolution DC6T sound a lot better for music than say a home cinema package like the
KEF 3005 or MA Bronze BX2?Does home cinema sound really poor through 2 speakers?Are floorstanders better generally than standmounters of the same price?What would people recommend at my price level? I think it would be about 50% music / 50% tv and movies.

Muzza

Apr 11, 2011
I quite like the look of the MA Silver RX6's at this price level, are they any good?

Lo Fi

Jul 13, 2011
I play all of my sources through my stereo system mainly because the music side is mopre important to me than DVDs etc and TV.

It sounds fine to me but I have nevere studied home cinema set ups.

I currently have MA RX1 stand mount speakers but am looking forward to upgrading to MA RX6 floorstanders.

My amp is the Rega Brio R and I also use the Audiolab 8200CD player, this player also has a DAC which I plug the TV, Freeview Box and Blu ray disc player into.

Hope this helps

Muzza

Apr 11, 2011
Clare Newsome said:
What's the rest of your system - what's going to be feeding these speakers?
Hi Clare

My system is a samsung 46D6530 TV, PS3, Denon CD player and Onkyo NR-609 amp.

Any help very much appreciated!

Muzza

Apr 11, 2011
Lo Fi said:
I play all of my sources through my stereo system mainly because the music side is mopre important to me than DVDs etc and TV.

It sounds fine to me but I have nevere studied home cinema set ups.

I currently have MA RX1 stand mount speakers but am looking forward to upgrading to MA RX6 floorstanders.

My amp is the Rega Brio R and I also use the Audiolab 8200CD player, this player also has a DAC which I plug the TV, Freeview Box and Blu ray disc player into.

Hope this helps
Hi

Does the TV still sound good through this set up?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts