Speaker advice for a new member - sonos, sound link, sound touch etc

Lightninslo

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Ok folks this is my first post.

After a few years of listening to music on a pretty poor set of PC speakers I recently invested in a spotify premium account and a set of bose AE2W Bluetooth headphones. What a difference!!

Now my eyes have been opened to what technology can do these days I'm now looking to invest in a speaker system.

must be portable enough to move from room to room and I want to use spotify from my iPhone & ipad. I'm happy for the system to be plugged in to the mains though as it won't leave the house. Budget is about £400 absolute tops but could quite happily spend less.

Currently I've read about the sonos play 1 & 3 (could potentially get 2 of these for stereo sound), and the bose Bluetooth/ wifi systems. Any advice greatly appreciate!!

craig84

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
If I was was in your shoes I would also look at the ruark Mr1 active Bluetooth speakers they look drop dead gorgeous and sound the mutts nuts apparently. I may get some mid next year for the dining room . They have recently been WHF reviewed too. Craig

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Moving from room to room is a bit of an issue, I f you want really good sound then the speakers need to be properly set up, maybe on stands. In this case it is up to you.

For £400, you can buy an Airport Expess and any number of excellent active monitors costing up to about £300 and have really good sound quality that will fill any normal sized room. My favourite, for the money, Presonus Eris 5 costs just £230 and if you want to push the limit the Adam F5 come in under £350.

Fantastic performance at modest cost, though sadly not terribly portable. If you really need to move the setup from room to room, you are going to lose a lot quality wise. Your choice....... :?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts