speake question for home cinema + stereo

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hello

i am having some trouble to find a solution for combining stereo + home cinema set up.

currently i own naim 5i ampli + naim 5i cd player (both italic model) + neat motive 2 speakers for stereo.

now i am making my self a home theater kit with pioneer lx 81 reciever and lx 71 blue ray.

my problem is to set them up in the same living room (49 square meter).

should i use separete speaker set like kef 3005 or can i sue my neats for front speakers?

will neat motives do the job for movies? which rear and center and sub should i buy?

neat brand is not sale in Turkey so its almost impossiple for me to comple the motive 2 set

if anybody could help me i will be very happy

regards

Emre ISIKLAR 

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
I'm sure your fronts will be more than up to the task for movies. The obvious choice would be the Nait C centre speaker (or do without and run a phantom centre), it would be a shame if you couldn't get hold of one. I have no idea what would be a reasonable tonal match for the Neats but as I said you could run a virtual centre setup with no centre. I would also look into integrating your hifi amp to your proposed AV Receiver. Simply connect the front pre-out connector to a spare input on the Naim 5i amp, set the volume at 12 o'clock (memorable position but ideally 0db, which will be loud, so remember to turn it down when you listen to your CD player) and calibrate the AVR around that. The Naim 5i would still drive the fronts and the AVR would drive the centre, rear and subwoofer channels. I haven't heard if the LX81 is any good at stereo though, it isn't mentioned in the online review.

Matching the rear speakers doesn't matter so much but it sounds like you have a fair sized room to fill there. I'm sure you could find a speaker that at least matches the finish on the Neats but I don't know what is available in Turkey.

Subwoofer wise, if you can get hold of SVS in Turkey, look no further in my opinion. They're cracking subs for the money. I imported mine years ago before they sorted out distribution for the UK. I would have no hesitation in recommending buying direct. They have to be heard to be believed, pure clean bass. Check them out here:

http://www.svsound.com/questions-buying.cfm

A

Anonymous

With the 5i you connect the pre-outs to the AV input which gives you the option of converting it into a power amp so there's no messing about with volume when you switch to music.

Ebay UK (though not at the moment!) seems to continuously have a Neat Motive C up for sale with worldwide shipping, just keep your ear to the ground - I'm sure you'll find one. As for rears it's not as important so just get some speakers that are available in Turkey you enjoy the sound of! Hope this helps.

A

Anonymous

I think i will be able to order Neat Motive C from Turkey maybe even Motive 3s later on.

It wont be cheap but :))

Many tnx for helping me

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts