spdif to phono lead???????

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
ok as i havent got round to getting my home cinema amp and speaker package yet i decided id try and hook my tv up to my old budget hifi amp and mission m31i's. my tv is only a budget 1080p 37inch technika i sacrificed quality for size at a cheap price of £350. but when i went to connect my amp i noticed the tv only has an spdif out and my amp only has phono red and white in. anyone know of a way to hook this all up??

im just looking for an easy solution until i get an av receiver and new speaker set after xmas

thanks

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Mind you, if the TV has a headphone socket - and most do - you could connect a 3.5mm stereo to two phonos cable from this to a line input on the amp.

Keep the TV volume low to avoid overloading the amp's input stage, and it'll be fine - at least as a temporary measure until you upgrade next year.

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
The TV might be able to output audio over SCART. Check the rear and manual. If it does, purchase a switchable SCART adapter and connect a phono able to the adapter.

A

Anonymous

although scart is a good suggestion it is unfortunetly no good to me as my amp doesnt have a scart in either

however it has a seperate volume level for the headphones then it does for the normal tv volume so if i hook it up through that and keep the headphone volume down then when i want to use sound through the tv for normal programs i can and i can then switch to sound through the amp for music channels and films alot easier

thanks for the advice

and even after xmas i dont think id normally hook the tvs sound out to the amp as id put everything such as xbox and sky's sound through the av receiver via hdmi

edit i missread the part about the scart wrong i think that might work

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
You don't need a scart in on the amp to do it the scart way - just one of these in a Scart socket, and a standard pair of phono interconnects.

35570big.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts