Soundproofing tips?

bartlett23

Oct 29, 2008
Visit site
I have a pair of bookshelf mounted Wharfedale Diamond 9.1s. I'd like to have them standmnounted but can't due to space.

As a result, I've having problems with music travelling up the wall behind and disturbing the people upstairs, even though the music is never played loudly.

Does anyone know of any simple, cost effective soundproofing tips to isolate the sound?

Cheers

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
bartlett23 said:
I have a pair of bookshelf mounted Wharfedale Diamond 9.1s. I'd like to have them standmnounted but can't due to space.

As a result, I've having problems with music travelling up the wall behind and disturbing the people upstairs, even though the music is never played loudly.

Does anyone know of any simple, cost effective soundproofing tips to isolate the sound?

Cheers

The 9.1's are front ported so your problem may be feedback through the shelf rather than direct speaker feedback. I would pop a ball of blutack under each corner of each of the speakers so that you disengage them from the shelf.

A

Anonymous

I use and would recommend something like these

http://www.studiospares.com/sound-insulation/acoustic-monitor-pad-set-of-4/invt/465110/

which attempt to inhibit vibrations being transmitted from the speaker to the surface they sit on.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts