soundbar room size

mogdeluca

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi can someone help my room is 25x13 feet my tv a pioneer pdp50" sit one end on a wall and we sit about 23feet away from it whats the best soundbar to fill that size room if possible at all cheers

Legacy260

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Is your screen wall mounted and what do you want from the soundbar, better dialogue, deeper movie sounds on blu ray and what is your budget? Lots to choose from and a wide variety of prices to pay.

mogdeluca

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
hi my tv is wall mounted and quite happy to go to the £1000 mark or maybe higher if I know the soundbar will fill my room with good surround sound

rs6mra

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
I have never been a fan of soundbars but on Saturday I had a brief demo of the Sonos playbar which sounded considerably better than I had imagined and on came the sub............wow! Impressive it was! Make sure you give it a shot

Legacy260

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Over the last six months the quality of soundbars has increased hugely and the investment by the major sound engineers is clearly visible with improved designs and much better sound. They will never deliver a 5.1 or greater experience but they will be very close and offer an excellent solution for those with less space, budget and need for a 5.1 system.

mogdeluca

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi thanks to everyone for your comments it's difficult choosing a soundbar when your not sure if it will improve on my side attached speakers to my pioneer pdp50 that I have to say I quite good but effects only really reach halfway up the room.My friend has just bought a jbl400 which I helped him set up sound is superb especially dialogue and subwoofer but there did not seem to be much affects going on after trying several different films maybe I am just expecting too much from a soundbar?

Legacy260

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
No soundbar is going to replace the 'surround sound' of a 5.1 or 7.1 powered system. The better soundbars will come close but I think you are expecting too much. Most owners wish to increase the sounds from their screens when watching broadcast TV or to enjoy better dialogue. For the 'film effects' you really need to invest some serious money on an amp, decent speakers, cables and associated equipment. Any soundbar even those costing £1500 have their limits from an object maybe at the most 100 cm long and 20 cm high powered by just an HDMI cable and a plug!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts