Soundbar or soundbase

Aqua

May 9, 2014
Visit site
This May sound a stupid question but will a Soundbar / soundbase improve the audio that much rather than just tv speakers ?

I was looking at the soundbars and then soundbases in john lewis today and they look and sound good but never used one in my home. The Bose ones looked very nice

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
imo a soundbase would be more convenient because you could just plonk your tv on top unless you are wall mounting but AFAIK you just need a power cable and an optical cable for it to work.

Aqua

May 9, 2014
Visit site
simonlewis said:
imo a soundbase would be more convenient because you could just plonk your tv on top unless you are wall mounting but AFAIK you just need a power cable and an optical cable for it to work.

yes was looking at them in john lewis the Bose soundbase I saw.. I've also heard good things about Yamaha sound aswell?

Whats the best names nowadays for soundbars etc ?

Aqua

May 9, 2014
Visit site
David@FrankHarvey said:
I agree with Simon. Soundbases can sound a much fuller, and generally have better bass performance than soundbars (that have no sub). The Canton ones are particularly good.

canton. Bose or Yamaha are my choice I think

reset

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
I am trying to find a 2.1 system that is not a soundbar. I have been looking for 2.1 separates (2 speaker, subwoofer and also amplification) that will connect to my 4K Samsung TV, but I can only find systems meant for computers. My TV does not have a USB out. Am trying to keep things physically small as I dont have lots of room. What should I be looking at?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts