Soundbar for PS3

basshound

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
I`m looking to improve the sound from my gaming set up,32 " LG and PS3. At present I just use the TV speakers so obviously am not getting the best out of the sound. I`m thinking a soundbar could be the answer,definately don`t want a multi speaker set up. Budget is £200 max and would also like advice re. how to connect it all up. Many thanks

basshound

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for the reply BB, had been looking at the Yamaha but noticed it has no HDMI connections,am I right in thinking that I`d connect the TV to the soundbar via optical and PS3 to TV with HDMI ?

You can do that. If you can stretch your budget a little bit more, then check these:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/soundbars/panasonic/schtb520/pana-schtb520

http://www.richersounds.com/product/soundbars/samsung/hwe551/sams-hwe551

The Samsung one has 2 HDMI inputs.

landzw

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
The latest Yamaha soundbars aren't as good as the old 400 models from last year , so i would look for an older second hand model and it would be cheaper too.

Has anyone done reviews on the Bose soundbar yet?

A

Anonymous

Just got a Roth audio Bar 1. Bit limited on inputs but works for me via headphone socket on tv which covers my Ps3 and 2 different boxes connected by hdmi to the tv.

£170 delivered Amazon, includes wireless sub.

basshound

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
After much pondering,as in "do I really need this ? " decided I wanted rather than needed so have just got a Yam 101 off the flea bay for £160 delivered. Should be here next Tue or Weds.

byakuya83

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking of the Q-TV 2 for my PS3. The parents have a Sony soundbar with wireless sub but it's all a bit cumbersome for me.

Does connecting via optical or headphone make a difference in sound quality? I'm assuming these things don't have DAC/DSP etc. So I can't imagine it makes a big difference on sound quality.

The ability to control volume by the TV remote when using the headphone socket is very useful.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts