Sound problems

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Just picked new tv/br for play/game room but cant sort sound,

Please can you advise me on best way to wire bluray/tv/home cinema up, tv 3xhdmi,br 1xhdmi, home cin no hdmi but has optical in, i have all working but audio is coming through 3/2.1, i am using component wire for sound as i cant get optical to work

TV LG50PS3000

BR LGBD370

Home Cinema Pioneer 7yr old

Please help

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I have done as you said. My optical cable is coming out from blu-ray into the home cinema and now I have no sound!

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Well, without knowing any more about your 7 yr old Pioneer home cinema system, I can only assume that it's either (a) not on the correct input, (b) not configured properly or (c) there's a fault somewhere.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Okay, have found the manual for this system and on page 88, it says:

The DIGITAL IN COAX and OPTICAL IN jacks should only be connected to a PCM audio output (32kHz, 44.1kHz or 48kHz for the coaxial input; 32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz or 96kHz for the optical input). These include CD, MD and DAT players and satellite receivers. Check the instructions that came with your other component for more details.

So you can't output native Dolby Digital / DTS soundtracks into this Pioneer system. I'm afraid from the look of it, it will only receive stereo PCM signals from the digital outputs of CD players / MiniDisc players etc.

You could set the SPDIF output on the LG to be PCM stereo, but you won't get surround sound I'm afraid.

A

Anonymous

Thanks very much for your help. Best I get my new set up sooner rather than later.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts