Sound options for standard virgin media set top box!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi everyone,well ive been with sky for more than a year now,and i have the hd box,entertainment channels,and the sports mix[all sports channels].as well as their broadband,but now i think that paying an extra £10 just for hd is a little pricey when you add it all up over a year,plus the broadband is fairly slow,so ive decided to go with virgin[its the broadband thats swayed it for me!] just wondering what connections are available on the standard box[not fussy about v+]to link up to an onkyo 505 amp. will it be scart from tv to box for vision and component cables from box to amp? for sound? also are there any digital outputs[co axial]from the box!

A

Anonymous

Just SCART I'm afraid. Not worth the effort with anything else as no components
emotion-6.gif

A

Anonymous

Just SCART I'm afraid. Not worth the effort with anything else as no components
emotion-6.gif

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
This has confused me as, okay, Scart to TV I can understand, but surely, at the worst it has left and right RCA phono plugs if it doesn't have a coaxial / optical digital out? So you could hook stereo RCA cables from the Virgin box to the amp. (I've tried to look this up, but I remember from trying to look it up before that it takes ages to find any useful information on the Virgin box so I've given up!).
(NB to the OP - component cables only carry video signals so it definitely won't be them)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts