Sound advice.....

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Sorry about the pun..... I have just bought a new TV (Sony KDL 32V5500) and Bluray Player (Panasonic DMP BD60) I have now realised that I don't have a clue about how to add a sound system that will give me surround sound... what do i need?? and which 'system' would suit my budget of £700-800.

Oh and why don't BOSE feature anywhere... are they over priced and not very good????

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Seperates are the best way to go when adding surround sound to your homecinema set up, and £800 pounds would get you a very good set up. You will need an av amp and speaker package to start with, connect the Panny bluray player to the amp using your hdmi cable and then another to your tv . A few packages worth considering are the Onkyo 606 amp and Q Acoustic speakers great package should be able to find for around £850 or less with speaker cable or look at budget amps between £250 and £400 and speakers from £400-600. Sony Dg820 around £250 but hard to find Onkyo 606 around £350 Yamaha 763 for £399. speakers Q Acoustic1010i, Wharfedale Diamonds, Kef 2005.3, Tannoy Arenalites, and the new MA Vectors. Also you will need speaker cable and sub cable, maybe speaker stands so it will all mount up, if £800 is your top price then i would look at the Onkyo 606 and Warfedale diamonds should come in at around £700-750 leaving a bit for cables. If you can go to £1000 the MA Vectors would be perfect.

A

Anonymous

Thanks.... its a real minefield and with technology moving on all the time i want to be future proof for a couple of years atleast.

Cheers!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts