Sound advice for speakers please

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,
I have a Cyrus pre V2 + an 8 power and a new 8se cd player. Im now looking for a pair of new speakers to go with this setup.

My problem is that my lounge is only 11ft x 11ft and as such my present speakers WHARFEDALE 504's just a little larger than the Diamonds i.e. 24 years old and still going strong are placed to my shame on wall brackets on either side of a brick chimney. The room if full of soft furnishings carpet sofa curtains etc and alas without knocking through into next door Im unable to place speakers anywhere else.

I've about £1000  to spend but am at a loss as to what would be best. I've just listened to some Spender SA1's and am hoping for a home trial this weekend but in the shop although they sounded very good mid range and top end the bass was very tight but had no weight to it at all, now Im not expecting disco bass but something with a bit more muscle would be nice, I manly listen to bluegrass / Acoustic music but also classical and popular rock Fleetwood Mac / Eagles etc etc.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I don't want to make a costly mistake with which I'd have to live for the next few years with, Thanking everyone for any advice you can give Steve.

A

Anonymous

You could always add a sub as it opens up a multitude of options.

Three options to try that spring to mind are PMC DB1i, PMC TB2i, Proac 1SC...

igglebert:You could always add a sub as it opens up a multitude of options. Three options to try that spring to mind are PMC DB1i, PMC TB2i, Proac 1SC...

Yep - good choices. I know WHFI? S&V always used to recommend Dynaudio Audience 52SE with the Cyrus gear. So without 'bucking the trend' why not have a listen to the Focus 110's.

I heard the cheaper Dyno's a few years ago and they were really good for the money.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts