Sony's HT-S400 budget soundbar and sub pack power and virtual surround sound

ned

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
But the company just mad it harder for anyone in the UK to easily listen to perfectly legal international radio stations so why would anyone buy their products.

Carza

Nov 18, 2023
Visit site
Virtual surround, a clever design and wireless smarts? Sony's latest soundbar sounds like it has a lot of offer buyers on a budget...

Sony's HT-S400 budget soundbar and sub pack power and virtual surround sound : Read more
I have to say I really like the S400. It’s all a matter of perspective- I’ve never had any surround sound equipment before, nor have I had a soundbar for that matter. I do however, have a fairly new LG 4K tv, so I thought I’d try and make the sound worthy of the excellent picture ( nothing wrong with the tv speakers really).
The Sony HT S400 just connected up and off it went - lovely clear sound in my medium to large sized living room. Here’s where the perspective comes in: I can get Dolby atmos via the tv internal speakers which sounds decent. I use an Apple TV 4K box and a Sky Q UHD box for info.
But, because the S400 sounds so much better than the tv speakers, the ‘downgrade’ to Dolby digital is very much an upgrade on the sound and audio experience.
It doesn’t really do surround sound despite the blurb, but the front facing sound effects are excellent and move left to right with precision. I have zero regrets, and for £229 that I paid at Curry’s I never feel I needed to pay hundreds more for a slight upturn in sound effects that may never reach their promised heights as most soundbars are not surround sound anyway. Highly recommended.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts