Sony XR-55A90J

D

Deleted member 116933

For this much money, it should just work straight out the gate and should be reviewed as such it meant to be a smart tv and docked marks for it.

sorry, it should be a 3-4 star product.

Jayce K

May 10, 2021
Visit site
Hi, as someone who has a 2020 LG Oled, I would be very wary of a manufacturer promising catch-up apps at a later date
LG/other brands with an in-house smart experience struggle to get app support in a timely manner or be as futureproof because they have to publish the apps internally through their own review/system process then sometimes they drastically change their OS from year to year leading to fragmentation as they move on to selling the next year's model & so on. That's why you have LG missing apps like HBO MAX or the newer Discovery+ app or missing certain features in other popular apps as well such as Hulu where older WebOS 3.0 LG tvs can't watch live tv/add-on services.

Open marketplace smart experiences like Google tv/android tv/roku/fire os don't struggle with that issue as they have a larger share of devices that use them & it's usually more beneficial/easier to release apps on those experiences. You can certainly expect TVs that run these experiences to be more futureproof & for holes in app support to dwindle on top of their advantages in app selection. Apps usually also get newer feature releases that benefits any device running those types of smart OS.

It's in this way I think Sony has a very good advantage for users that want a more futureproof OS as it's Google's platform which will continue to mature/update vs fragmented app support on brands like LG with WebOS or Samsung with Tizen as move from model year to model year.

dib1

May 10, 2021
Visit site
Bit like buying an expensive car and being told the Sat Nav will only be updated every 10 years. Not really acceptable for TV's costing £1500+. My Samsung at £500 has all the catchup apps, epg is extremely fast. Luckily I purchased the LG for its picture quality.

DELBOY14

May 6, 2017
Visit site
Some people just don't get it, you buy the Sony TV because its the best there is, its like buying a M3 car, when you get it home you strip it down and rebuild it to go racing with the best components you can fit. With the Sony you get it home and set it up to give the best picture, then you watch it with your AV amp and 7.1.4 Dolby Atmos system to get the maximum effect.

Mr. C Nation

Mar 21, 2020
Visit site
Some people just don't get it, you buy the Sony TV because its the best there is, its like buying a M3 car, when you get it home you strip it down and rebuild it to go racing with the best components you can fit. With the Sony you get it home and set it up to give the best picture, then you watch it with your AV amp and 7.1.4 Dolby Atmos system to get the maximum effect.
This is meaningless nonsense. You buy a TV for content, not to play around with the tech. If Sony has not included major apps and catch-ups, I agree with the comment above that this should be no more than a 4*, maybe 3* TV

DELBOY14

May 6, 2017
Visit site
This is meaningless nonsense. You buy a TV for content, not to play around with the tech. If Sony has not included major apps and catch-ups, I agree with the comment above that this should be no more than a 4*, maybe 3* TV
Yes I remember when my dad brought home the first TV we ever had, it was a black and white picture and rather small, it also sounded like a two tin cans joined by string.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts