Sony WF-1000XM4

Rogbo

Aug 13, 2022
Visit site
I bought the headphones and use with connect app, 360 ear mapping (not sure of exact name) and Deezer 360 app. The sound on the 360 totally immersive! The problem is I've tried all three sized ear tips but the problem is that they fall out of my ears luckily they have not found a drainage grate to disappear into yet! Wearing on a boat would make folly! I'm thinking that don't sell single replacements!

Biryani

Aug 28, 2022
Visit site
I had the exact same experience. Compared to the Bose Earbuds, sound is a world apart and amazing. But keep falling off since the small earbuds aren’t small enough

Stevy68

Oct 25, 2022
Visit site
I bought the headphones and use with connect app, 360 ear mapping (not sure of exact name) and Deezer 360 app. The sound on the 360 totally immersive! The problem is I've tried all three sized ear tips but the problem is that they fall out of my ears luckily they have not found a drainage grate to disappear into yet! Wearing on a boat would make folly! I'm thinking that don't sell single replacements!

I had the exact same issue with all the stock tips supplied with my XM4s.The bass was none existent and I even wondered if I had bought a defective set of earphones.So after several Google searches I dug out some old Senhiesser CX3.00 / CX5.OO tips and popped them on instead and lo and behold, bass! The Senny tips, large in my case, are a perfect match. Everything flowed through as it should and they stayed in my ears. I was going to go for the Spinfit 360 but also found the Senhiesser tips on their Amazon store for just over £8.00, nearly half the price of the Spinfit and for a pack of 10 as opposed to a pair. The large has a 14mm base diameter and an 8mm height.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 0

BluSleeper

Jan 23, 2023
Visit site
I agree that the wireless earphones of Sony have arguably the best balanced sound overall out of all the wireless earphones I've ever owned. However, I'm very apprehensive about the call quality of this model specifically the mic pickup since one of the people I often talk to says I sound distant and robotic on the Buds 2 Pro and yet in the reviews the call sounds MUCH WORSE on the Sonys. Upon scrutiny, this his might be the fault of the Samsung Fold 3 or the cellular network since this has happened over speakerphone using said phone as well.

Any thoughts from owners of the Buds 2 Pro and XMs would be greatly appreciated.

Biryani

Aug 28, 2022
Visit site
I agree that the wireless earphones of Sony have arguably the best balanced sound overall out of all the wireless earphones I've ever owned. However, I'm very apprehensive about the call quality of this model specifically the mic pickup since one of the people I often talk to says I sound distant and robotic on the Buds 2 Pro and yet in the reviews the call sounds MUCH WORSE on the Sonys. Upon scrutiny, this his might be the fault of the Samsung Fold 3 or the cellular network since this has happened over speakerphone using said phone as well.

Any thoughts from owners of the Buds 2 Pro and XMs would be greatly appreciated.
I have used both WM4 and buds 2 (not pro) for calls and both mics has no issues at all. Never had anyone complain

Shawkat

Jul 2, 2023
Visit site
I agree with the reviewer about sound quality, but Sony ruined it for us after certain update it destroyed the battery, and other updates didn't fix the problem as it was permanent damage. I found a lot of people complains about same problem after the update. My right earbuds of WF-1000XM4 is draining battery too fast and almost totally drained after 1 hour while the left one is working properly so I lost the main advantage of long battery life although it is still new . I am not heavy user so my buds are nearly same as new but this battery problem ruined it for me as it suppose to be one of the top in the market. Very disappointed from big brand name such Sony to make such a big mistake.

JNavas

Jul 29, 2023
Visit site
I agree with the reviewer about sound quality, but Sony ruined it for us after certain update it destroyed the battery, and other updates didn't fix the problem as it was permanent damage. I found a lot of people complains about same problem after the update. My right earbuds of WF-1000XM4 is draining battery too fast and almost totally drained after 1 hour while the left one is working properly so I lost the main advantage of long battery life although it is still new . I am not heavy user so my buds are nearly same as new but this battery problem ruined it for me as it suppose to be one of the top in the market. Very disappointed from big brand name such Sony to make such a big mistake.

I've done considerable research on the XM4 battery problem. See my analysis here: https://www.theverge.com/2023/7/25/...ommentID=ecfcbde9-5843-4b61-8c87-21f3c6c0e9a6
The best solution is to take advantage of Sony's secret warranty.
Otherwise, you can replace the batteries, but it's essential, and I mean essential, to use the correct 3.85v 75mAh battery.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts