SONY TDM IP50 iPod DOCK Digital Media Port

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
SONY TDM IP50 iPod DOCK Digital Media Port
Hi,

I have a Sony STR DA5400 AV amp.

I want to feed my iphone 3gs into it to access my itunes music.

The above official dock is about 50 quid depending on where you buy it and I cant find a cheaper one from flea bay. Its alot of money for a dock.

Can anyone either recommend the benefits of buying this ( is it the nuts muts ) or is their a cheaper, possibly better option ?

I want to take full advantage of the amps dacs.

A

Anonymous

Ive been looking for one of these, my little Panasonic stereo has a DMP port on top of it, and i wanted a dock for my iphone4 and my girls ipodtouch.....

Ive not found any cheap.

You can connect a 3.5mm jack to 3.5mm jack cable from the headphone output on your ipod, and just plug the otheer end onto the DMP port, it still works....

The DMP port is really just an stereo/digital (mini toshlink) connection in disguise really. The only thing i found is that the volume was quite low, even with the iphone volume on max, maybe thats its only downfall....

I need to look into it more myself like!!!

Dave

A

Anonymous

I was looking at that dock as well but I've yet to be convinced that it offers any benefit over other non-Sony docks that are much cheaper! I'm no expert - only got my system yesterday in fact but thinking of going for this alternative:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Roth-Dock-Wireless-Receiver-iPhone/dp/B001M8QBX4

Richer Sounds have them in stock for £30 at the minute. The only difference I can see that Sony docks have is being able to use the AV remote control to flick through the iPod and display the song information on the AV screen? But to be honest, I would rather use the interface on my iPhone as its much better!

Cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts