Sony TA-F448e - anyone heard of it? E-spirit model?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Having recently picked up a lovely TA-FA3ES for £25 quid, I've been checking eBay for other out and out bargains on Sony kit. I found a TA-F448e for £19 buy it now (tagged as an ES amp) so I snapped it up. However, I can find very little about it and I am not sure if it is part of the high end espirit range after all. I've found the basic specs, and someone mentioned it was a previous what hifi 5 star winner back in 97/97. Does anyone here have any information/comments about it?

Dawson

a91gti

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
Its not ES fella, products in the ES range have the suffix ES. I think you may find that the E merely means the kit is tuned for a specific market like maybe Europe or England.

Congrats on that A3ES, one of my next aims is to make my system an all ES one.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the info, I thought as much. The title was misleadingly tagged as "ES", so I think that's grounds to pass it up. I wouldn't mind so much, but the postage charge is more than I paid for the amp.

With regards to the A3ES, they're great VFM in my opinon. Average price seems to be anything from £90-£140, even at the higher end of the price bracket it's great bang for buck. Easily matches the flagship rotel ra-1062 I used to own, very well built piece of kit.

a91gti

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
You might find "The Vintage Hifi Knob" a good site to while away a few hours and do research. I`m skint at the moment so have placed ads all over the place looking to trade my Creek, maybe when/if I`m back in funds I`ll risk the `bay.

T

the record spot

Definitely not ES range, and on the basis of that, you might be able to return it (due to an incorrect listing and your rights under distance selling regs/sale of goods and it being a Buy It Now) for a full refund - including postage. The seller is obliged to accurately list the item and in this case, doesn't appear to have done so.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the info guys. Lucky I did my homework before I paid, I have requested a cancellation on a "not described" basis. Would of been very lucky to get an ES amp at that price, but it can be done :)

Lovely amps used for <£100, well worth it.

a91gti

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
No worries man, always nice to talk older kit. For future reference the ES stands for Extremely High Standard not Esprit nor E-spirit (sounds like an early Prodigy tune
emotion-1.gif
).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts