Sony STR-DN850 + KEF LS 50: need advices

Hi all,

I was planning to buy Sony STR-DN850 + KEF LS 50 but I was wondering if you think that those two will perform well together. I have a small room like 16m² and I was first planning to plug them on my computer. As I don't have so much room the speakers will be quite close to the wall (30 cm) and distant from 2meters. It is mainly to listen to music and play video games (and sometimes watch movies). But I see this solution as an upgradable solution so that I can transform it in a home cinema later.

Do you think it is a good solution or should I go for something else? I am also looking for a subwoofer, so if you have any suggestion!

What is your opinion about it ?

Thanks a lot folks!

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
I can't see a reason why they wouldn't work but you'd have to get ls50's all round if you upgrade to full surround in the future as I don't think the ls is part of a cinema package. Not cheap once you add a sub too.

regards

audiodarkness

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Is it a 5.1 or 7.1 system you are trying to produce? That amplifier is a home cinema amplifier, wont compare in quality to a stereo amp by any stretch of the imagination.

KidKomet

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
An odd combination. If you're going for a stereo setup then I'd ditch the Home Cinema amp and get a dedicated 2 channel amp. Those KEF's can sound incredible with the right choice. I think above all else, some demoing is going to be required. Source a local dealer and get listening.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts