Sony STR-DA5400ES Surround effect for Movies

oxocube

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
I tried experimenting with the DCS sound effect settings for Movies when listening / watching Hell Boy 2. It did alter the sound but was happy to revert to AFD Auto to turn these effects off.
Then I read (on page 84 of the manual) that
"If you set up the sound field effect while the receiver is receiving signals with a sampling frequency of higher than 48khz, the signals will always be played back at either 44.1khz or 48khz"
It is that ALWAYS that is worrying me, could it have been sending higher than 48khz and does ALWAYS mean just that?
Any advice? Should I do a factory reset?

Thanks.

Boca

May 9, 2009
Visit site
oxocube:
I tried experimenting with the DCS sound effect settings for Movies when listening / watching Hell Boy 2. It did alter the sound but was happy to revert to AFD Auto to turn these effects off.
Then I read (on page 84 of the manual) that
"If you set up the sound field effect while the receiver is receiving signals with a sampling frequency of higher than 48khz, the signals will always be played back at either 44.1khz or 48khz"
It is that ALWAYS that is worrying me, could it have been sending higher than 48khz and does ALWAYS mean just that?
Any advice? Should I do a factory reset?

Thanks.

They are referring to if you are playing a cd for example and it has a 48khz signal then you change from AFD to Jazz it will play that cd at 44.1 khz.

but once you stop the signal and start it again ( in this case stop playing the cd ) then start it again it will give you the 48khz signal. as long as you have it set to Jazz or what ever surround effect that you want to listen in before the signal is detected by the receiver.

so you don't need to reset your receiver.

oxocube

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Thanks
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts